The Coastal Carolina University Cyberinfrastructure Project involves the efforts of many people, whose aim is to provide a much-needed research platform and teaching support for faculty and students. In addition, the CI Project aims to help train students (at the undergraduate level) in computing-intensive research to further their preparation for advanced education and the work force.
CI Team Members
- Darell Matthews, Senior Applications Analyst, Information Technology Services
- Michael Murphy, Associate Professor in Computing Sciences
- Var Limpasuvan, Professor in Coastal and Marine Systems Sciences
Examples of Trained Students
- Rangley Mickey (now: a Contractor at Cherokee Nation Businesses)
- James Perkins (now: at Naval Warfare in Panama City)
- Renee Richardson (now: a Ph.D. student at Florida State University)
- Danielle Tarpley (now: a Ph.D. student at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science)
- Olga Tweedy (Ph.D. at the Johns Hopkins University; now: a scientist at NASA GSFC )
- Ben Whetstone (now: a Software Engineer at EMC)
- CCU Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (C-SURF) cohort
For these services, please visit our CCU CI Helpdesk. At this time, these services are provided on a best-effort basis without mandatory cost recover.