For non-refereed publications and presentations, please see Technical Reports and Presentations. For academic thesis and dissertation material, please see Academic Theses.
- Lance Stout, Matthew Walker, Jérôme Lauret, Sebastien Goasguen, and Michael A. Murphy. “Using Kestrel and XMPP to support the STAR experiment in the Cloud.” Journal of Grid Computing 11(2). 239-264. 2013. [DOI: 10.1007/s10723-013-9253-8] [PDF]
- Michael A. Murphy and Sebastien Goasguen. “Virtual Organization Clusters: Self-Provisioned Clouds on the Grid.” Future Generation Computer Systems, 28(8) 1271-1281, October 2010. [DOI: 10.1016/j.future.2010.02.011] [PDF]
- Michael A. Murphy, Linton Abraham, Michael Fenn, and Sebastien Goasguen. “Autonomic Clouds on the Grid.” Journal of Grid Computing, 8(1) 1-18, March 2010. [DOI: 10.1007/s10723-009-9142-3] [PDF]
- Michael A. Murphy and Christopher J. Post. “A State Machine Sensor Network for Ephemeral Stream Detection.” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN), 2(3) 191-199, September 2006. [Open Access DOI: 10.1080/15501320600740348]
- Jean French, Michael Murphy, Cory Nance, and Crystal Cox. “Diversifying Computing Degree Programs to Improve Retention.” Paper, 31st Annual Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges: Southeastern Region Conference (CCSC:SE 2017), Greenville, SC, November 3 - November 4, 2017.
- Crystal Cox and Mike Murphy. “Hands-On, Web Service Based, Software Architecture Lab Component for Software Engineering Course.” Paper, Thirteenth Annual Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges Mid-South Conference (CCSC: Mid-South 2015), Conway, AR, April 10 - April 11, 2015. [PDF]
- Douglas C. Turner, Michael Fenn, and Michael A. Murphy. “Pulley: Secure Administration of Virtual and Remote Computing Systems.” Short Paper and Poster, 52nd ACM Southeast Conference (ACMSE ‘14), Kennesaw, GA, March 28 - March 29, 2014. [PDF]
- Jean French, Crystal Cox, and Michael A. Murphy. Short Paper and Poster, 51st ACM Southeast Conference (ACMSE ‘13), Savannah, GA, April 4 - April 6, 2013.
- Sebastien Goasguen, Lance Stout, and Michael A. Murphy. “Involuntary Computing: Hacking the Cloud.” Emerging Research Paper and Poster, 2nd IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom 2010), Indianapolis, IN, November 30 - December 3, 2010. [PDF]
- Lance Stout, Michael Fenn, Michael A. Murphy, and Sebastien Goasguen. “Scaling Virtual Organization Clusters over a Wide Area Network using the Kestrel Workload Management System.” 4th International Workshop on Virtualization Technologies in Distributed Computing (VTDC 2010), Chicago, IL, June 2010.
- Linton Abraham, Michael A. Murphy, Michael Fenn, and Sebastien Goasguen. “Self-Provisioned Hybrid Clouds.” 7th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Communications (ICAC 2010), Washington, DC, June 2010. [PDF]
- Lance Stout, Michael A. Murphy, and Sebastien Goasguen. “Kestrel: An XMPP-based Framework for Many Task Computing Applications.” 2nd Workshop on Many-Task Computing on Grids and Supercomputers (MTAGS 2009), Portland, OR, November 2009. [PDF]
- Michael A. Murphy, Brandon Kagey, Michael Fenn, and Sebastien Goasguen. “Dynamic Provisioning of Virtual Organization Clusters.” 9th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid ‘09), Shanghai, China, May 2009. (21% acceptance rate) [PDF]
- Michael A. Murphy, Michael Fenn, Linton Abraham, Joshua Canter, Benjamin Sterrett, and Sebastien Goasguen. “Distributed Management of Virtual Cluster Infrastructures.” Fifth International Workshop on System Management Techniques, Processes, and Services (SMTPS ‘09), Rome, Italy, May 2009. [PDF]
- Michael Fenn, Michael A. Murphy, and Sebastien Goasguen. “A Study of a KVM-based Cluster for Grid Computing.” 47th ACM Southeast Conference (ACMSE ‘09), Clemson, SC, March 2009. [PDF]
- Michael A. Murphy, Michael Fenn, and Sebastien Goasguen. “Virtual Organization Clusters.” 17th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing (PDP 2009), Weimar, Germany, February 2009. (42% acceptance rate) [PDF]
- Michael Fenn, Michael A. Murphy, Jim Martin, and Sebastien Goasguen. “An Evaluation of KVM for Use in Cloud Computing.” 2nd International Conference on the Virtual Computing Initiative (ICVCI ‘08), Durham, NC, May 2008. [PDF]
- Eric Harney, Sebastien Goasguen, Jim Martin, Mike Murphy, and Mike Westall. “The Efficacy of Live Virtual Machine Migrations Over the Internet.” Second International Workshop on Virtualization Technology in Distributed Computing (VTDC ‘07), Reno, NV, November 2007. [PDF]
- Michael A. Murphy and Christopher J. Post. “A Sensor Network for Soil Moisture Analysis and Ephemeral Stream Detection.” Innovations and Commercial Applications of Distributed Sensor Networks (ICADSN), Bethesda, MD, October 2005. [PDF]
- Christopher J. Post, Pinky D. Tejwani, Yeshanth K. Jayakumar, Gregory C. Taylor, Joshua K. Lawrence, Michael A. Murphy, Elena A. Mikhailova, and William R. English. “Fine-Scale Environmental Sensor Networks for Water Quality Monitoring.” 2006 Joint Assembly of the American Geophysical Union, Baltimore, MD, May 2006.
- Michael A. Murphy, Christopher J. Post, and Megan A. Goddard. “Estimating Watershed Accumulated Precipitation from Radar and Gage Data.” 2005 Joint Assembly of the American Geophysical Union, New Orleans, LA, May 2005.